– Hi, my name is Brandon Ledford.
– I’m the master plumber here at Anytime Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing.
– I just wanted to go over a couple quick tips of some common plumbing issues, calls we get of people not knowing what to do in certain situations including, you know, a clogged toilet.
– Some people call in, you know, they have a clogged toilet starting to overflow.
– They don’t know what to do.
– Some of the common causes of clogged toilets are wet wipes, paper towels, over use of toilet paper.
– You want to remember that all of our new toilets are low flow compliance toilets, which can flush no more than one point two eight gallons per flush.
– You always want to be mindful of what goes down your toilet because it goes somewhere.
– Just because it flushes doesn’t mean it should.
– Typically, the first thing we want to recommend you do is shut off all water to the toilet.
– So, it will at least prevent any more future flooding.
– Most all toilets have a shutoff located down on the left.
– Reach down, shut it off, and that’ll at least keep the toilet from overflowing anymore.
– Then, you can proceed to, you know, try to plunge the toilet and, if you cannot get the toilet clear, you know, you can give us a call.