The Future of HVAC Is Here
- At the forefront of new technology are devices and systems that make appliances more efficient, powerful and smart.
- Perhaps the most compelling are the smart components, which can know when you’re home, when you’re away, and adjust temperatures accordingly.
- This is the home improvement version of the internet of things, which strives to integrate household products with intelligent digital power.
- But gains in every area of your Atlanta HVAC company innovation give modern AC’s and furnaces a boost that weren’t possible a decade ago.
1. Variable Speed Motors
- Variable speed motors are more powerful and dynamic than a single or two speed motor.
- Single motor only goes on and off.
- Two speed motor can oscillate depending on the needs of the environment
- Variable speed motor gives power to move temperature up a degree at a time and be neither under or overpowered.
- Saves on electricity, energy and keeps homes perfectly adjusted.
2. Thermal Air Conditioning
- Uses solar energy that is supported by natural gas when it’s running low.
- Gets rid of the cost of electricity.
- Can be used in AC units
3. Ice Air Conditioning
- A company in California designed the Ice Bear,
- Which freezes 450 gallons of water outside a building at night.
- In the day this ice freeze is distributed through the existing AC system using 95 percent less power.
4. Geothermal Heat Pump
- While these systems have been in existence for over 60 years, they are gaining traction now that the world environmental movement is stronger.
- The pump uses a high-pressure refrigerant to grab and move heat from the inside of a house to the outside. Because the ground is about 50 degrees when you dig deeply enough, the pump is able to remain a constant temperature (compared to variable temperature air) and use a fraction of the energy to keep the refrigerant a steady temperature.
- They are twice as efficient as standard air conditioners, and half again as efficient as gas fired furnaces.
- It’s more effective than air controlled cooling and heating, which is variable. Cutting heating and cooling from 30 percent to 70 percent.
5. Software that Provides Energy Data
- This determines the best HVAC system for a particular space prior to any installation.
- Ideal for architects and engineers
- Can figure out the lifetime energy use in a building.
- These include Green Building Studio and Energy Gauge
6. Smart Technology
- When computers with GPS tracking are installed in the AC, it knows when you arrive and when you leave, controlling the temperature automatically.
- This saves energy.
- When they’re hooked up to monitor local environmental conditions, the system can be set to start an air filter to protect the inhabitants with cleaner air.
CTA: For more ideas about what latest gadgest and green technologies you can bring into your home, contact Anytime to get ideas that will improve your quality of life.