The Future of HVAC Is Here
- At the forefront of new technology are devices and systems that make appliances more efficient, powerful and smart.
- Perhaps the most compelling are the smart components, which can know when you’re home, when you’re away, and adjust temperatures accordingly.
- This is the home improvement version of the internet of things, which strives to integrate household products with intelligent digital power.
- But gains in every area of your Atlanta HVAC company innovation give modern AC’s and furnaces a boost that weren’t possible a decade ago.
1. Variable Speed Motors
- Variable speed motors are more powerful and dynamic than a single or two speed motor.
- Single motor only goes on and off.
- Two speed motor can oscillate depending on the needs of the environment
- Variable speed motor gives power to move temperature up a degree at a time and be neither under or overpowered.
- Saves on electricity, energy and keeps homes perfectly adjusted.
2. Thermal Air Conditioning
- Uses solar energy that is supported by natural gas when it’s running low.
- Gets rid of the cost of electricity.
- Can be used in AC units
3. Ice Air Conditioning
- A company in California designed the Ice Bear,
- Which freezes 450 gallons of water outside a building at night.
- In the day this ice freeze is distributed through the existing AC system using 95 percent less power.
4. Geothermal Heat Pump
- While these systems have been in existence for over 60 years, they are gaining traction now that the world environmental movement is stronger.
- The pump uses a high-pressure refrigerant to grab and move heat from the inside of a house to the outside. Because the ground is about 50 degrees when you dig deeply enough, the pump is able to remain a constant temperature (compared to variable temperature air) and use a fraction of the energy to keep the refrigerant a steady temperature.
- They are twice as efficient as standard air conditioners, and half again as efficient as gas fired furnaces.
- It’s more effective than air controlled cooling and heating, which is variable. Cutting heating and cooling from 30 percent to 70 percent.
5. Software that Provides Energy Data
- This determines the best HVAC system for a particular space prior to any installation.
- Ideal for architects and engineers
- Can figure out the lifetime energy use in a building.
- These include Green Building Studio and Energy Gauge
6. Smart Technology
- When computers with GPS tracking are installed in the AC, it knows when you arrive and when you leave, controlling the temperature automatically.
- This saves energy.
- When they’re hooked up to monitor local environmental conditions, the system can be set to start an air filter to protect the inhabitants with cleaner air.
CTA: For more ideas about what latest gadgest and green technologies you can bring into your home, contact Anytime Heating, Cooling and Plumbing to get ideas that will improve your quality of life.